Saturday 7 June 2014

CLASSIC ART: 'THE LIVING LEGEND'


Stunning art for the novelisation of one of my all-time favourite Classic GALACTICA adventures: The Living Legend. I vividly recall my excitement at getting it as a kid- a birthday present from my mum via the sadly now long defunct Dark They Were and Golden Eyed comic/fantasy bookshop. What was interesting for me was, at that time in 1980/81, the UK's ITV channel (within its Thames Television region for London) would not air the original two-part version of the story in its premiere terrestrial run. Instead, for reasons unknown, showing the theatrical compilation of MISSION GALACTICA: THE CYLON ATTACK in its place, and as a two-parter, plus, bizarrely, right after the series had concluded with The Hand of God. Eventually reading it, the book made me aware of Legend's final part structural differences and I really wanted to see it. It wouldn't be until the nineties, however, and when the full series arrived in satellite repeats on the SKY TV network, that my wish finally came true...


No comments:

Post a Comment